Tuesday, January 15, 2013

CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS!!!

Ok! So I know I haven't blogged in like a year or so but we're so busy and kind of boring. I mean all we do is work... No one wants to read about that. But I do have something very "exciting" to blog about today. Its CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS! I've been seeing a lot about this on Pinterest so I decided I needed to try it since I work late most nights and the last thing I want to do is cook when I get home. So today, I tried it! OH MY GOSH it was AMAZING!!! Today I made 4 meals in less than an hour! It went by so quickly and it was way easier than I thought it would be. I totally recommend everyone should do it!!
 
 
Here are the recipes starting with the top left going clockwise...
 
BBQ Chicken
 
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup bbq sauce
1 sweet onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
 
Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Serve with rolls and ceasar salad.
 
POTATO SOUP
 
3 lbs potatoes, diced (about 1 inch squares)
2 cloves fresh garlic or 4 tablespoons garlic powder
1 medium onion, chopped
38 oz chicken stock
8 oz cream cheese, softened
salt and pepper to taste
 
Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. Top with Bacon, cheese, chives , sour cream.
 
 
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN
 
1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast
juice of 2 limes
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 16 oz bag frozen corn
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
 
Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with tortillas or on top of rice.
 
CROCKPOT CUBE STEAK AND GRAVY
Family size pack cube steak
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
3/4 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
 
Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve over rice, noodles, mashed potatoes.
 
All you do is put all of the ingredients in a gallon size bag and put how long they need to cook for and then put in the freezer. When you want to cook it, take it out 24 hours before you need it. (I let it thaw in the fridge.)
 
Hope if anyone reads this, they'll enjoy it!! Haha. HAPPY CROCKPOTTING!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these! I printed them and I'm going to try them next week! WOOT! Thanks, Lindsey! :)

Faith Garff said...

Awesome, I will have yo try!